Tuesday 3 February 2009

Vote Maiden for Brits glory!


Is anyone still reading this? I suppose I ought to post here a bit more as I'm going to see Metallica in twenty four days' time.
Anyway, Iron Maiden have been nominated for the Best British Live act at this year's Brit awards. Now I know the Brits is just a huge back-slapping exercise by the record industry, but it would be most excellent if Iron Maiden actually won something. They've been releasing records for twenty nine years and it'd be great if they were recognised by the music industry. While people,bang on about Coldplay and Duffy selling records overseas, Iron Maiden have been quietly (or not, as the case may be) going about their business being a huge live draw in the Americas, Asia and Europe.
No doubt the Iron Maiden massive already have a huge online thing going on for votes (rather like the 'get Steve Harris a knighthood' online No. 10 petition a couple of years ago), but just in case anyone's reading this who isn't aware, register to vote here. And hurry!

2 comments:

Dirty Stop Out said...

I've voted! It would indeed be awesome. It would be more awesome, though, if the competition was worthy... Maiden are the best (not that I've seen loads) live band I've ever seen, and I find it hard to believe that the likes of Coldplay, etc could ever blow me away like they did.
Up the Irons til I DIE!

Bright Ambassador said...

It is about time they got some recognition by the 'suits' in the music industry. Let's hope the win, we'll find out come Wednesday.